Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Targeted Ultrasound

Bryce and I were able to go to my targeted ultrasound today. This is an ultrasound where they check the brain, heart, and basically all of the organs to make sure every thing is doing ok. They do alot of measurements as well.
When she first started the ultrasound, Clayton was sucking on his thumb. His head is at the bottom of my belly and his feet are up by my ribs. She measured his head, abdomen wall, and thigh bone, as well as other things. I am almost 25 weeks along, but Clayton is measuring 26 1/2 weeks, so hopefully, my doctor will change the due date. She said the due date should be Sept. 19th.
As she continued through the ultrasound, my eyes starting getting fuzzy and I was getting very uncomfortable. She had me turnover on my left side so I did not pass out. I guess I had been laying on my back for too long and it was making me sick. I missed half the ultrasound but Bryce got to see it all. When I turned over, Clayton started moving like crazy and the doctor was having a hard time getting pictures and measuring things because he was so active.

We were able to see a side profile of him, and as far as I could tell, he was a cute baby! But, the best news is that he looked healthy and strong and the doctor said everything looked good. So, once again, our prayers are being answered!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

that's fantastic news! I'm happy to hear everything is looking good. I remember getting dizzy laying on my back during my doctor appointments... ugh. Hopefully you got the ultrasound recorded?...

Shayne said...

I couldn't be happier for Bryce and you. It has been fun to hear about your pregnancy and see pictures of you. What a miracle and blessing. Clayton is a lucky little dude. He is coming to a great family. Love you guys!

Ryan said...

This is music to my ears. What a neat experience and that child is lucky to come into such a cool family with such great parents. Thanks for sharing this journey and blessing with us.

jenhatch said...

what a cutie!! i love hearing about how it's all going... such an amazing blessing!

{oh, and i got that same sick feeling when i was at the dentist pregnant with Nolan - yuck! We had to sit up and take a break.}

Jocelynn said...

What a beautiful Hatch baby, I hope he has the big Hatch head so that you can have fun pushing him out! JK! He does however look very cute already. Tawni and Ty were both sucking their thumbs in their ultrasound pics. I don't think he could look more like you and Bryce than little Coopy does.

Shane and Becky said...

Jenn, I just can't get over how exciting this is and I am so happy for you and Bryce. What an amazing blessing this little Clayton is. Best wishes to you all. -Becky Leavitt

Amy said...

Such wonderful news!! I am so excited for you! I haven't seen you in a long time! Let's all get together this week sometime! Check out my blog and tell me what you think! :)

Charee B Mcclellan said...

yay for prayers!! so glad to hear things are going well! he will be a cutie for sure!