Friday, October 12, 2012

Fishing in Roy

Cooper has been asking me the last few months if I would take him fishing.  I fished quite a bit when I was younger.  I really enjoyed it as a kid.  Bryce has never really loved the sport.  Cooper had two days off for UEA and the weather was perfect, so we took the kids over to the pond by our house.

Cooper was over at Jacqui's house, so I took Clayton and we headed over before the rest of the gang showed up.  I only had two fishing poles for everyone, so I wanted to give Clayton a chance to try before the other kids arrived.

I honestly didn't think I would catch any fish.  I grabbed the tackle box and poles and didn't realize that I didn't have any pliers with me.  After a few minutes of trying different kinds of bait, we finally hooked one and Clayton reeled it in.  He touched it for a second, but he didn't know what to think of it.
I really had a good time.  I love watching the bobber bounce up and down in the water.  I remember being so excited as a kid when this happened because I knew I had a fish.  I tried to help the kids cast and reel, but they had a hard time "hooking" the fish. I helped every kid catch a fish. 
Jacqui tried and tried.  She would cast it out there.  It would bob up and down and then she would reel it back in with nothing on the hook.  In fact, most of the time, the bait was stolen off her hook! She was bound and determined to catch one, but never did.  It was a good time for us all!

No comments: