Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bottle It Up


This summer we have been so busy that I just stopped watering my garden. So, I had tons of green tomatoes that turned red very quickly. I have been eating tomato sandwiches everyday to try to keep up with my supply.
After Labor Day weekend, I went out to my garden and picked about 30 t0matoes and 5 onions, so I decided that I would make homemade salsa. Jacqui helped me cut the onions and jalepenos up. I looked over at her and she was literally crying because of the onions. I said, " Maybe I should be cutting those since they don't affect me at all." A little too late. We made two batches and pressure cooked 12 bottles of salsa. It will be very tasty this winter!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks yummy. Who's house are you at? I'm envious of your garden. I can't wait until I have the space for one too.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

haha, that those pictures are great. i cry also, but the out come is worth it. yummy!!

jenhatch said...

i want some!!! And did ya'll not see the post with my really cool pink goggles you wear while cutting onions!?!? Looks like me and my best friend have the same crying problem!