Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Transformers



Cooper loves transformers right now. In fact, I have bought him quite a few of them lately. He sleeps with them every night. He watches the animated transformers every morning when he wakes up. I will catch him making transformer sounds and he pretends he is transforming. He loves to just stand there and play with them. Last night he told Bryce that he was Optimus Prime. I asked Cooper who he was. He said, "I am Megatron." I said, "Who am I?" He said, "You are a mommy." So cute.

Bryce found some old school transformer shows on YouTube so Cooper thinks those are pretty neat to watch. Also, we will be driving down the road and Cooper will see a semi truck and yell, "It's Optimus Prime." Or he will see a little yellow sports car or beetle and say, "There's bumble bee."

The only setback is that I have to transform these transformers a million times a day. And some of them are a real pain.

Cooper has to have his transformers sitting by him when he is watching the movie...same as his planet heroes and his woody and buzz light year when he is watching "Toy Story"

I have to agree with my sister in law, Jen, when she said that there are things that we swore we wouldn't do when we became mothers, but now that we are mothers, we have changed our outlooks. One of those for me is that I wasn't going let my kids wear clothes with cartoons on them. For example, Cooper's favorite sweatshirt right now, is a Spiderman sweat shirt. His favorite shirts are the ones with Lightning McQueen on them. How do you say no when they get so excited about these characters on their clothes.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Another reason I'm glad I have a girl. Olivia is not into the whole Transformer thing, thank goodness. You're a great mom to help him transform them over and over and over and over and over...

Love you guys!

Jocelynn said...

Ha, Ha, Jenn, Ithought you were going to say that you wouldn't buy him stupid toys that require your constant assistance. Remember last year when I talked you into buying him his first Transformer "Bumblebee?" I don't think you werr too happy about it. I have a hundred of them to and as much as I hate them (love the movie)Ty loves them so much it is a weak spot. ALso, I have a lightning McQueen shirt and Transformer shirt coming your way because I just went through Ty's drawer. Have Fun- I am happy to pass them on.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

that is funny. glad that he is enjoying his toys. you sound like you are a great mother..well da i know that you are a great mother. glad that you changed your post, i was getting lonely.

Shannon & Ryan said...

I am completely impressed that you know how to transform those things--they ARE complicated. I could never get them down right when my little bro was into them. Cooper looks like such a little man! It is crazy; he is such a handsome little guy. I love it that you are writing down the sweet things he says; that will be a treasure. Hope all is well. Have you guys started pre-school back up again?