Sunday, September 21, 2008

I wanna go home!

I have now been training for my job for 2 weeks. I only have two more weeks to go! I am ready for it to be over because 1. I miss seeing Bryce every night 2. I dont enjoy living out of a suitcase 3. It involves alot of driving 4. I am ready for a normal, regular routine!

But, I have to admit that some blessings have occurred over the past two weeks. First, and most important, is that while I was in Logan my grandma Cooper has been in the hospital. This gave me the opportunity to see her for a couple of hours, every single day. And I truly cherish those moments spent with her. Second, I have had the chance to spend some time with my sisters and to watch my neices compete in soccer and volleyball. Third, Cooper has been able to play with some of his cousins, and he has really enjoyed it.


I know that my getting this job so quickly was a blessing from my Heavenly Father. At first I was really stressed about it, but everything fell into place and has worked out perfectly. I am just thankful I could be there for my grandma. I just love her so much and I can't imagine my life without her in it. There is so much of my grandma in me and she means so much to me. Since I have moved to Utah, I have become so close to her and I feel like we take care of each other. She is an amazing person and a great example to all of us. We named Cooper after grandma and grandpa and I hope that he will always make them proud, and I hope that oneday, he will know the honor that comes from his name.

6 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ohhh what a neat post! glad that you are narrowing your time down. why dont you just come and visit me too? remember i live in logan too. glad that you had some great times with your grandma and hope she is doing a little bit better. good luck with all.

Shannon said...

Hopefully your training is almost over and you can go home to your main squeeze soon :).
What an exciting and perfect job opp. though. And I'm so glad that you've had this time with your grandma. She must be a pretty great lady to have such cool posterity!
I do understand the scariness of having a gram in the hospital; it is never easy, and I hope that she makes a full recovery and is healthy and happy very very soon.
love,
shan

jenhatch said...

that was the sweetest post Jenn!

Shayne said...

Jenn, I am glad you are able to be close and help take care of Grandma. I spoke to her the other day and she only wanted to know how the wife, kids and I were doing. I was like...GRANDMA..I want to see how you are. It was really good to talk to her. I am glad training is going good for you.

Carrie said...

I hope you grandma is feeling better. I know Bryce can't wait for you to be done soon either. We'll have to get together and play when you're done.

Carrie said...

Hey! What happened to the cute pumpkin background? Although, I do like the Autumn one too.