Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day #6 on the Beach

Today we went to the pools and tried to get a tan. Most of us got burned, but the water was so nice. We layed around in the lazy river and went on a few tube rides. After lunch, we headed out to the beach where we bought a pina colada coconut drink from Lionel Jr. They tasted great and hopefully they didn't have anything "illegal" in them since we were buying them from "Bob Marley Jr".



The weather was really windy this day, because a storm was moving into the Bahamas. We decided to go play in the waves because they were big and it "looked" like fun. Well, it was fun for a few minutes until I got pummeled by this humungous wave that sent me all the way up to the shore. I got up coughing and choking and having to pull my skirt and top down. It scared me so bad that I was done swimming in the ocean. I had salt water draining from my nose for the next 10 minutes and I am blessed that it didn't smash me into some rocks.
Some of the gals got massages on the beach, while we went swimming in the pools and got rinsed off from all the salt water. Later that night, Steph and I went to the Sports Bar and Grill to watch Game 4 of the NBA finals. Mavs vs. Heat....I can't stand Lebron so I am glad that the Mavs won the Championship.
The Atlantis doesn't offer many activities at night....if you don't drink, smoke, gamble, or dance. All the pools close down at 7, which I think is dumb. Steph and I found ourselves back in our rooms most nights by 10 pm. The girls would go dancing at the Aura or go swimming in the ocean at night (don't sharks feed at night!).

No comments: