Monday, June 13, 2011

Bahama Mama Day #1

About a month ago, my neice, Kylee, called me up and asked me if I would come with her on her senior graduation vacation. It just so happened that she was going to the Bahamas. I couldn't turn her down and Bryce was supportive about me going with her. I went with Steph, Kylee, Katie (ky's best friend), and Brittney!


We left on June 3rd. Our first flight was into Atlanta and then on the Bahamas after that. I took half a dramamine and then decided to read the book, "Heaven is For Real". I finished the 160 page book on the 3 hour flight, but I paid for it the last 10 minutes of the flight. As we were landing (there was lots of turbulence), I started getting sick and was sweating really bad. All of a sudden, I threw up in my sweatshirt, bc I couldn't find a bag. Eventually Steph found me a bag and I threw up one more time and was fine after that. That's the first time I have ever thrownup on an airplane! We landed in Nassau at about 5 pm and then met Steph's friend, EJ, at the airport. She rode in the bus with us to the Atlantis. She is from the Bahamas and a very kind lady. She helped us get checked in to our rooms and then she went home. The first night, we went to eat dinner and we got to take a ride in a big SUV limosine. It was so sweet inside. After dinner, Steph took me on a tour all over the Atlantis resort. We then retired for the night and got a 'good nights' sleep.

No comments: