Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blast at Bear Lake

Last weekend Steph and Paul invited us up to Bear Lake to stay the night in their condos and enjoy the lake the next day. We all stayed in condos right next to each other and the kids had a great time swimming in the indoor pool and hunting for skunks out in the front of our condos.

Sherrie was on her way back to her condo, when someone told her that there was a skunk right in front of her condo, so she ran back into our condo for a few minutes. Kyle told her that she should probably stay at our condo for the rest of the night, because with her bad luck, the skunk would definately find her and spray her! After a few minutes passed, she was able to make it safely to her room.
The next day, we went down to Bear lake to set up all our stuff. We were the first ones on the boat and the kids had a great time tubing. Even Clayton was able to get on the tube with me for a few minutes. He almost fell asleep so we decided to get back on the boat. Clayton thought it was so much fun to drive the boat, or at least pretend to drive the boat. He slept almost the entire time on the boat. For some reason, the babies love the hum of the boat and it always puts them to sleep. I never should have been worried about him missing his nap!

Bryce and I had to try out the surfing behind the boat. Bryce did a great job especially since it was his first time. If you are really good, you can actually let go of the rope and the wave behind the boat will pull you along. Bryce actually seemed pretty comfortable and some of the time he didn't even need the rope. It took me four or five times to get up.....I don't think I have crashed like that in alot of years. It rattled my brain! Anyway, I finally got up and though it was kind of scary, I actually enjoyed it and would have liked to have tried it again, but these old legs just couldn't muster up the strength anymore.
When we got to the beach, the kids had a blast playing in the sand. For those of you who don't know, I hate sand! I really despise it so its hard for me to sit there with my feet caked in sand and watching my little ones roll around in it...YUCK!
Anyway, Clayton did surprisingly well in the sand. In fact, he ate alot of sand....he had sandy cheetos, sandy sandwiches, sandy cookies, sandy hotdogs, but he had a great time. He found another kids dump truck and that entertained him for a while.

Cooper enjoyed playing with his sand toys next to the water. He was using his shovel to fill his bucket with sand and seashells. Jaxson and Cooper had a great time wading out in the water and then running back into the shore. At Bear Lake, you can walk for half a mile and the water will never rise past your waist, so they thought it was fun.
We had such a great time at Bear Lake. I love watching my kids have fun and enjoy the outdoors. I can't express how much joy it brings me to just watch them. With Bryce working so much the past two months, it was a good and needed "quality time" vacation for our family! I want to thank Paul and Steph for all that they do for our family. We enjoyed the boat and the condos and mostly just being with each other!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love the picture of Clayton with sand all over his face!

Carrie said...

I love that picture of Clayton also. It looks like a FABULOUS weekend. I'm just a *tiny* bit jealous. :)

Julee said...

Love the pics!! Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Rachelle said...

I hear you about the sand - there's nothing worse than eating at the beach. Gross!