Saturday, August 28, 2010

Moab Day #1

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to go to Moab with some of my friends. Bryce was in Washington DC for work, so I decided to take a "break" and go to Moab for a few days. Thanks to Grandma and Papa Douglas and Aunt Jocie and Uncle Kyle, I actually had a needed time out for me. On Thursday, we were headed to the airport to pick up one of our friends, Jenelle, when I started telling Jacqui about Bryce's trip in DC. I told her that he went to a movie. I said, "He went to "Dinner with the Shmucks." To which she replied, "Who is that"? To which Bekka said, "Steve Carroll and some others." To which Jacqui replied serious as could be, "How did he get to see them at dinner?" It was funny or maybe I was tired.....still funny to me!
We stopped in Spanish Fork for dinner where Wendy's decided to give us double our order....oh well, no complaining here. Then we barely made it through the canyon before Bekka needed to pull over for a "bathroom stop"( Jacqui told her she was not allowed to drink anymore caffeine). Bekka and Jenelle decide to go into Wingers to use the restrooms. Well, they walked in and the waiter sat them at the bar with menus. They acted all interested, went to the bathroom and then ran out of there as fast as they could!!
We made it to Moab around 9 that night. We met our other friend, Torri, up at the campgrounds called Sandy Flats. This picture is taken from right in front of our camper. Those are the LaSal Mountains in the background....pretty view. We took Jacqui's trailer, so as soon as we arrived, we pulled the wheelers out and set up camp. The only problem that night was trying to decide which beds we were going to sleep in. The trailer has double queen size beds like a bunk bed and then the couches fold into beds. Jacqui wouldn't sleep on the top, because she is afraid of heights. Bekka was summoned to the fold out couches because she pees alot during the night and Jenelle slept on the other couch next to her So, I ended up on the top bunk by myself and Jacqui and Torri shared the middle mattress. We all slept pretty decent but we were all up at 7 am the next morning

No comments: