Sunday, May 1, 2011

Down on Grandpa's Farm

I absolutely love my Grandpa Cooper's farm. As a child, I spent many days down at the barn. I have always enjoyed feeding the cows hay and when I was younger, I can still remember spending time with my grandpa on the tractor or out in his fields. I also remember grandpa taking the time to help me bottle feed a baby calf that we named peaches.


In fact, all these years later, I still love the smell of the barn! There is nothing like the smell of fresh manure blowing up from the barn. When I was younger, grandpa had dairy cows so we used to help him milk the cows and I can remember the big tank of milk!
Now, I enjoy taking Cooper and Clayton down to the barn. Cooper loves to feed the cows, but Clayton got scared when they started "mooing". It was really loud so they must have been hungry. I am surprised Cooper still likes to feed them, because last year one of the cows head butted him through the bars!

Cooper and Clayton love to play in Uncle Clair's bus. Cooper pretended to drive it and Clayton enjoyed running up and down the aisle. Kids love buses!
We also let Cooper and Clayton sit up on the tractors and pretend to drive them. Clayton was in heaven, especially since he loves tractors right now. He kept pointing to the big tires and walking around the tractors!
Bryce and Clayton also took the time to feed the horse. This was the first time Clayton had ever really been close to a horse and at first he was a little nervous, but he finally bent down, picked up some grass, and tried to feed it to the horse.
It was such a perfect day and fun to take the kids down and let them enjoy the things that I enjoyed back in the days! There is nothing like a barn full of animals and farm equipment!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I would like to go with you next time you go to Grandpa's Farm.

Amy said...

Seriously looks like a perfect afternoon! Your boys are so handsome! They're growing way too fast!