Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sick Clayton

On Tuesday night, Clayton came down with a low grade fever. Bryce put him to bed and gave him some Motrin to help the fever break. All day Wednesday and Thursday he continued to have this fever if he didn't have Tylenol or Motrin in him. On Thursday and Friday, he woke up with swollen eyes and they were blood shot. On Friday night, he started coughing alot and it was keeping him awake.


Saturday morning, he woke up with a fever and that's when I decided to take him to the Urgent care in Clinton. The doctor looked him over...checked his ears, throat, and chest. He told me that he thought it was just allergies. So, I went to Walgreens and got him some Zyrtek and Benedryl.
By Saturday night, Clayton was really sick. He fell asleep at 7 and woke up 30 minutes later having a hard time getting a breath. He was really heaving and straining to breath. That's when I decided I better take him back to a different urgent care. When I left our home at 8, I gave him some Motrin for his fever. When he got checked in and they took his temp at 9, he had a fever of 102. The doctor checked him out and we found out he had croup and an ear infection. I was irritated with the doctor that checked him out in the morning, but soon found out that these kids can come down with an ear infection or croup that quickly. Anyway, they gave him a shot of steroids and then I fought with him for 6 grueling minutes as I tried to get a mask on him as he received a breathing treatment. We were so exhausted by the time we got home that night. We got some anitbiotics started that night. He was so tired the next few days that he would just crash out right on the floor! Poor guy....Glad he is back to himself!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sorry he's been so sick. I hate croup. But, I'm glad he's feeling better. Those are sad little pictures. :(

jenhatch said...

SO sad! Poor guy and Mommy! I hate it when they're sick!! So thankful for drugs...