Sunday, May 8, 2011

Treasureton

Mothers Day weekend was full of many fun and exciting activites. On Saturday, after Bryce and I went to the Logan Temple, we headed up to Treasureton Idaho to go four wheeling. Marilyn and Roger watched the boys for us, which was much appreciated. Plus, I am glad the boys got to spend some one-on-one time with grandma and papa.Jacqui and Jared came wheeling with us. It took about an hour to get up there. The reason we chose Treasureton, is because we were trying to pick a place where we wouldn't run into lots of snow. Anyway, after much preparation and loading of the machines, we finally arrived up there and started out on our journey.
It didn't take long before we ended up in snow. Almost every path we took eventually landed us in snow. We tried to push our way through, but mostly ended up getting stuck over and over again. But, that was exciting for Bryce, because it allowed him to use his new winch.There was lots of water and snow up there. At one point, Jacqui peeled out right in front of me (on purpose) and splattered mud all over me, my machine and my new helmet. There was a payback in store! About 45 minutes into the ride, we realized that Jared's machine was almost out of gas, so we took it back and they both shared Jacqui's machine. We were off on a trail going over little streams when I decided this was my chance to get Jacqui back. So, I took off fast and came up next to them through a big stream and covered them with water. It was pretty fun and not like myself to do such a thing! It was a little chilly after that because I managed to get my right leg and foot completely drenched!We were able to ride for a couple of hours before it was time to head back to Smithfield. For the most part, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully, we will be able to go on some longer rides as things start to warm and the snow melts!

No comments: