Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Sunday

On Easter Sunday, I had the assignment to teach the lesson in Relief Society. I originally had been given a topic that had nothing to do about the Resurrection or the Atonement, so I got permission to change it. Anyway, after a month of thinking and praying about how I wanted to approach the lesson, I finally put it all together just before Easter.
It is interesting how my lessons will evolve and change from day to day as I prepare them. I wanted to do a lesson that was based solely on Jesus Christ and I wanted the Spirit to be present in the room. So, I finally put together an arrangement of video clips, music, and quotes about the Savior and His life.

Bryce was so good to help me set everything up with his computer, projector, and speakers. On Sunday morning, my lesson could not have gone better and I was so thankful to have the Spirit in our classroom to testify and touch the hearts of those present as to the truthfulness of the Resurrection. I love that the gospel of Jesus Christ can answer the question: "Is there life after death?" It is so comforting to have the knowledge that because of Jesus Christ, we can live again after we die. And more importantly, that we can live with Him, our Heavenly Father and Mother, and our families and friends. Is there anything greater than that?
After the lesson, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Coopers for Easter dinner. Steph, my sister, read a book about an Easter Hunt that involved finding things that reminded us of the Atonement and the Resurrection. I enjoyed going outside and helping Cooper and Addey find objects in the yard that helped them remember the true meaning of Easter.
It was nice to be surrounded by friends and family on Easter! I always cherish the moments that I get to spend with my grandparents. These moments will be gone before I know it, so I take every opportunity I can to be with them and to feel the love that they have for me and my kids!

1 comment:

jenhatch said...

SUCH a cute family Jenn! I'm sure your Easter lesson was awesome!! And what's the book Steph read? Sounds like I need to get it!!

Love and miss ya'll!!