Saturday, December 22, 2012

Activities at Home

Tyler bought a new game called Telestrations while we were in Texas.  We played this game quite a bit. It is a perfect game for large groups.  We made queso, jalapeno cheese balls, and Kellye brought her homemade fudge.  We drank lots of Dr. Pepper and enjoyed Blue Bell Cookies N Cream Ice Cream every night.
I spent time shopping with Sherrie and Mom, both before and after Christmas.  I didn't do a lot of shopping myself, but it was fun to just be with them.  I don't get that opportunity very often, so I took full advantage of it. Bryce would watch the kids while I went with them.  Bryce caught up on his sleep while he was in Texas.  He slept till 11:30 almost every day! One of the days, he was able to go to "The Hobbit" with Brian.  They both enjoyed the show and I am glad they got to do something fun!
At one point, we decided to take the kids to dad's work, the Tracy Herbarium. There are many green filing cabinets  in this big warehouse and they are full of pressed grasses.  Anyway, we played Hide N Seek.  The weather was cold and rainy, so we wanted to get out of the house and let the kids run around and release some energy.  Even the adults played and we all had a great time! Clayton would always hide with me and Cooper had a blast trying to be the last one to base!

We also went over to the church gym to play basketball a couple of nights. The first night, we just went to shoot baskets.  Tyler and I had about 8 shooting contests and I am happy to report that after 34 years of life, I can still beat my little brother. And in fact, he didn't beat me in one game. It was so funny and he was getting so frustrated.  We also played "Put Out" with Sean, Kellye and Bryce.  It was just nice to go over and get some exercise, doing something we "Hatches" love and grew up doing!
Another thing that we did was make a secret drop to a family in need.  Mom got some food and presents together for a family in her ward, whose husband is out of work.  Tyler and Cooper went up to the door, placed the basket and ran.  Cooper enjoyed this so much.  He felt like he was a spy with Cooper.  Its so nice to be able to help others, especially during the Christmas season!

We also went to Grandma's work the last day we were in College Station to let the kids ride the big tricycles and play up at Saint Thomas.  The weather was misty and cool but we wanted to get some fresh air.  The boys enjoyed running around and helping grandma feed the birds and look at the rats!
 

No comments: