Thursday, December 20, 2012

Texas Bound

On December 18th, the boys and I boarded the plane to Texas.  Unfortunately, we had to fly into Austin because the prices were cheaper.  In the end, I need to remind myself to never fly into Austin again....1. because of the "liberals" that my we sat by at the airport and 2. because the gas was expensive to drive to and from the airport.  I obviously wasnt' thinking very clearly when I booked the flights!
Anyway, the plane was delayed by one hour, so we spent that time riding the escalators over and over again. By the time we boarded the plane, the boys were excited and ready to go.  They watched movies, played the DS, ate Pringles and candy and chocolate.  Cooper struck up a conversation with the lady he sat next to on the flight.  Of course, he is so polite and friendly that people like him and are drawn to him.  This lady ended up being someone who used to live on the same street as me growing up: Langford Street! What a coincidence!
After we got our baggage and headed out of the airport, Tyler picked us up and took us to Cypress, which is where Sherrie lives. We had a great time while in Cypress.  Sherrie and I spent time shopping, eating, and spending time with our kids. They live in a beautiful neighborhood that is full of small lakes and ponds. The neighborhood is huge, but it was so nice.
While at Sherrie's house, we had a fun time spending our days with the kids.  It was so nice to finally meet little Kinlee.  She has such a cute little smile and I love her dimples.  When she smiles, her eyes disappear.  The boys enjoyed playing with her and getting her to smile.  She has such a fun personality and I loved watching Sherrie and Brian just adore her.
We also invited Sean, Kellye, Landry, and Maya over one night to have dinner with us and make gingerbread houses.  I ended up making fried rice and egg rolls for dinner. Then we decorated the houses and train cars with the kids. Clayton loves to make these because it means he can have candy!

No comments: