Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Joys of Being an Aunt

I really love my nieces and nephews so much.  I don't get the opportunity to see the ones that live in Texas very often, so while I am there, I make sure they don't forget me when I am gone.  Landry is a little cuddle bug, and so he would always let me hold him.  I was able to go swimming with him and Clayton in grandma's hot tub one day.  It was kind of chilly outside and the water wasn't all that warm, but it was still nice to spend time with him.
I also enjoyed a nice moment with Nolan...which was downing the Shipley's donuts.  Nolan is such a sweetheart.  I had a good time throwing the football with him. I wish I had more time with him, because I think he would really grow to like me!
Tyler and I took the kids to the park one day.  It was pretty cold outside, but the kids wanted to run around and so they had a good time on the playground.  We also played tag on the basketball court and ended up having an obstacle course.  We divided up into two teams and had a race.  It was fun to cheer each other on and get some exercise.
I also had a great time getting to know Micaela a little better. She was able to stay home from school one day and go to lunch with my for my birthday.  She is such a big helper.  She is growing up too quickly, but she is such a good young lady!

No comments: