Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Three Babies

I really enjoyed the time I was able to spend getting to know my three little nieces, Kinlee, Maya, and Quinn while I was in Texas.  Kinlee is such a miracle baby and it was so cool to see a biological child of Sherrie and Brian's that doesn't resemble them too much.  She is so light complected and she has such an exciting personality.  She loves to laugh when tickled under her neck.  She smiles all the time and she loves to talk to anyone who will listen.  She also enjoys eating and expects her belly to be full at all times! She is so precious and I am excited that she came into our family!
I also had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time with little Maya.  She has such a 'soft' personality.  She is tender and loving.  She will sit there and look at you until you make eye contact with you and then she will give you the sweetest smile.  She doesnt' crawl right now so it is nice to just have her sit there and stay put so you can give her your undivided attention. 
 While I was there, Mom and I introduced her to raisin cinnamon bread.  She was so excited to try real food. In fact, after that, she kept wanting real, solid food.  Kellye fed her more bread and we gave her some crackers.  She was so cute as she realized she was holding a cracker and feeding herself.  Maya would give me the best smiles. Clayton just adored Maya the whole time we were there.  He could not get enough of her.
I only got to see Quinn for a short time, but it was so nice to get to know her a little better too. She has grown so much since I saw her in July.  She is also a precious, mellow child.  She has a cute little smile and a quiet personality.
I really enjoyed spending time with all these babies. At times, I was a little sad because I didn't have a baby of my own, but I mentally moved on took advantage of the time I had with each of them.  I have to admit that it has made me wonder if we should try to go down "that" road again! We'll just have to wait and see what Heavenly Father has in store for our family!

No comments: