Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

This year I was lucky enough to celebrate my 34th birthday in Texas with some of my family.  I woke up to a "Happy Birthday" note on my door and Micaela had put streamers right out side the door in the hallway!  It was very thoughtful and kind of her and it started my day out nicely.

I knew that I would be eating a lot of junk for my birthday, so I decided I better go on a run to help with some of the calories I would be taking on that day.  I was all dressed and ready to hit the road, when Brian walked in with a box of warm Shipley's glazed donuts and said, "Happy Birthday". Again, this was very nice of him so I sat down and inhaled two of the luscious "melt in your mouth" delicacies! 
After I let them settle into my stomach, I went out on a 25 minute jog.  It was so beautiful as I ran down the sidewalks and over the bridges along the edge of a small lake. I kept thinking to myself, "what will I do if someone tries to attack me?"....crazy, I know. But, with all the weirdos in the world, I am always trying to think ahead.  Anyway, I made it back to Sherrie's house safely and in just enough time to get ready and head out to Genghis Grill for lunch.
Genghis Grill is such a yummy restaurant.  When Sherrie lived in Ft. Worth, she took me there one day and made me sign up for the birthday list.  When my birthday rolled around this year, I just happened to be in Texas where I could use the Genghis Grill "free birthday meal".  You basically take a bowl, fill it with any kind of meat or mix the meats.  Then you add any vegetables that you like, along with a sauce of your choosing.  You give it to the chef and tell them noodles or rice.  They cook it up right in front of you and then bring it out.  It was so delicious and pretty healthy!
After lunch, we hit a few stores on our way home to pick up some Christmas gifts.  When we got home, I got all packed up, showered and got the kids ready for our next birthday celebration.  We met mom, dad, Tyler, Sean, and Kellye at a Mexican Restaurant in Hempstead.  It ended up being really good food and I enjoyed spending the evening with some of my family.  Tyler spoke to our waiter in Spanish and told him it was my birthday. 
As we were finishing up our food, the mariachi band (waiters) came out singing to me.  They placed a sombrero on my head and then the head waiter proceeded to smear cool whip in my mouth and on my nose.  He broke a cherry in half and placed it on my nose as if I were Rudolph.  I was completely caught off guard and didn't know what to do.  Everyone laughed and thought it was so funny! I was surprised that he did it, but it was still funny!

No comments: