Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cooper's Craziness

You make me happy because:

*you love it when I volunteer in your classroom...you just light up when I come into the room...i love to be able to go and see that things you do and make at school
*you come home from school one day and tell me right away that there is a note in your bag from me. it reads, "Cooper pushed a student down at school today." Cooper had to sign his name and bring it home to show me....he is so honest and truthful and I love that about him.

*the first thing you tell me when I pick you up from school everyday is whether you had to put a marble in the jar or take a marble out of the jar

*you are so good at sucking all the air out of a room...for instance, you came home from school one day looking like this, and I asked you what happened. You say, "Tayson pushed me down at recess, but we were just playing. I couldn't breath for a while and then I could." When Cooper really gets hurt, he looks like he is going to pass out because he doesnt breath for a few minutes.
*you are so tender and loving to your brother. You take such good care of him and you let him tackle you and play with you all the time. You are always willing to share with him.
*you are so thoughtful of others....we were in the car heading to Logan when Cooper said, "You know Uncle Sean? Well, I am so proud of him, because he had a baby. Sean and Kellye have been so lonely for so long but now they have a baby to love." He then proceeded to call Sean and tell him about it.

*you say the best prayers of any kid I know...last week there was a blizzard that was moving in and we were driving in the car back home...I knew Jacqui and Jared were headed right into the storm on their way to CA, so I asked Cooper to say a prayer for them...this is how it went....."Dear Heavenly Father, and thank you that Jacqui and Jared could be safe in the blizzard and thank you that dad could drive safe in the blizzard, and thank you that we could get our candles and flashlights ready for the blackout, and thank you for all that you do for us...In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

*you are learning how to read and you are picking it up so quickly....I love it when we drive down the road and you start telling me how to spell different words....you are so smart and are so excited about reading right now

*you were so excited to learn that your tooth was loose after you bumped your head on something and your teeth smashed together....three days later your tooth fell out and you were so happy
*you love it when I read books to you every night and then you run and jump into my arms from off your bed...its followed by a kiss on my cheek because you are too big to kiss me on my lips

*you randomly tell me that you love me or dad or Clayton

*you love to tell me things about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost
*you are you : even if it means you think it would be funny to dress up like a girl with Jaxson, Reese, and Landon...then you tell me later that you just wanted to make everyone laugh

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

We love Cooper also for the sweet spirit he is. He's so willing to tell you why he loes you. I'm impressed with how grown up some of his thoughts are and how kind he is to others. Great job, sweet Cooper!!!
Love, Grandma

jenhatch said...

such a cute post Jenn... and what a little man he's becoming!! I love when you post stuff like this because I love to see how much our kids are alike even though they're so far away.