Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad Douglas' home. It was alot of fun. Most of the family was able to make and like always, the food was wonderful. Everyone always pitches in and it makes for a fun day!

I was put in charge of purchasing brussel sprouts for the family. One might think this was an easy assignment, but it wasn't....

1. Brussel sprouts are the Douglas' Family Thanksgiving Favorite side dish. Needless to say, buying a few won't suffice!
2. I had to go to four different stores to find these babies...finally I found them and bought $7 worth of brussel sprouts (last Thanksgiving with the family, I made the mistake of only buying 40 of them and we ran out very quickly; not going to do that again; you can imagine the looks I got....just kidding...everyone was cool.....but marilyn gave me the chance to redeem myself this year and I think I bought enough this go around)
3. I actually think Marilyn likes to give me this assignment because she knows that I don't really care for them, but it makes us all laugh.... I do try them every year in hopes that I might catch the "craze" for them, but I never do....oh well, maybe next year I will come to see the light!
We ate lunch around 2 and then sat down to play a few card games. After games, we pulled out Carrie's awesome fudge and all the great pies. I tried chocolate, which is my favorite, and cream cheese pumpking pie. Clayton loved the pies and Cooper loved the turkey. Later that evening, we went to Steph and Pauls to watch the Aggies beat the crap out of Texas University. This is a family tradition that is so much fun. This year, however, Paul came down with the real flu and Steph also was not feeling well. Go Aggies!

1 comment:

jenhatch said...

yeah,... I'm gonna need the recipe that makes brussel sprouts taste good!