Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Day of Life of Grandma Cooper

Last Sunday, my sister, Jocelynn was visiting Grandma and Grandpa Cooper. She had her kids, Tawni and Ty with her. Grandma was sitting there with her legs propped up and she had heating pads on her legs.

Jocie: Gram, what wrong?
Gma: I don't know. Something is wrong with my cock-eyed knees?

Jocie: You mean both of your knees hurt bad enough that you have to put heating pads on them and you don't know why they hurt?

Gma: Well, no I don't know. Oh, jupidee, I was watchin a show on those damn bed bugs that are getting into everyones bedding. That night when I went to bed, I was just crawling. I just knew I had bed bugs in my bed and they were all over me, (grandma has the cleanest house of anyone I know)

Gpa: Yeah, try sleeping with that. She was all over!


Gma: So, I got out of bed the next morning and told grandpa to get out of bed. I've got to strip off all my sheets and blankets. I did lots of laundry that day including Clairs bed and I vaccumed all the mattresses. I had to make lots of trips up and down the dad gam stairs and that's why my knees hurt.

Jocie: You really think you have bed bugs in your bed?

Gma: Well no, but, criminy, they put these damn shows on Tv and then you can't sleep.

This was followed by lots of laughter from Ty, Tawni, and Jocelynn. Gma wanted to know why they were laughing and Ty (9 yrs) says, "cause you just said like 6 swear words, grandma."

5 comments:

Mark, Natalie, Rieker and Raegan said...

Jen,
I love this post, it is so dang funny. What awesome grandparent's we have, thanks for sharing, I got a good laugh!

Carrie said...

Too funny!

Rachelle said...

I like your grandma lots and lots!!!

jenhatch said...

HI-larious!! I can't wait until I'm old and have a free pass to swear! Love her!!

Shannon said...

This cracked me up! Grandmas are the best, eh?
p.s. I love your new header picture! I remember when Cooper wore the shirt that Clayton has on...such cute boys you have! Hope to be able to see you guys during Christmas sometime...we'll be in town. Wouldn't that be lovely?