Saturday, December 11, 2010

Grandma Hatch

We had the opportunity to go visit Grandma Hatch one weekend while we were in Logan. It was so nice to be able to spend time with her and Uncle Blake and Aunt Janet. Cooper enjoyed playing "hot and cold" with Janet and he also had fun talking to Blake and singing Christmas songs to Grandma.
Clayton loved playing with Grandma's little Ice Skating Rink Set. He carried those little pieces all over the house and just had the best time. It snowed alot that day and he liked to watch the snow plow out in front of Grandma's house with its blinking yellow lights.
I was able to help grandma wrap some Christmas presents for her kids. Grandma has 8 sons and over a 100 grand and great grand kids. One thing that really impresses me about my grandma is that when I call her, she knows who I am by my voice. She is one of the kindest women I know and she sees the good in everybody.
I noticed, while I was there, that grandma is starting to forget a few things and that really makes me sad. Its sad to see your grandparents get old, but it was so nice to spend time with her. I love her so much and I am so thankful for her example. It would do us all good to be a little more like Grandma Hatch.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Eight sons . . . wow! I'm impressed! And I definitely see the resemblance between your dad and his momma. She raised a good man in him!